WHO WE ARE
Broadband Systems Corporation, PLC (BSC) is a licensed Internet Service Provider (ISP) that is incorporated under the laws and regulations of the Republic of Rwanda.
The company is engaged in the business of providing advanced Information Communication Technology services based on broadband connectivity.
To effectively accomplish its business objectives, BSC PLC is looking for a qualified and competent candidate to fill the position of “Project Manager”.
The Project Manager will have the overall responsibility for successful implementation of BSC projects within the approved framework of authority. The responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Identifying and understand market/customer needs and turn them into business projects that will add value to the beneficiaries upon implementation.
- Identifying project leads on local and regional market and build a projects sales pipeline with the aim of closing each within the planned period.
- Workout on project professional proposals and project concepts.
- Establishing solid working relationship with the project team, client, and key stakeholders.
- The management of communication and ensuring stakeholders are aware of project activities, progress, and exceptions.
- Advising the client on issues that may impact the achievement of their outcomes (including issues of sustainability and post project requirements such as maintenance).
- Liaising with stakeholders such as project personnel, vendors, and end-users regarding project requirements.
- Implementing document control policies and documentation templates.
- Maintaining a good working knowledge of assigned component projects.
- Monitoring project progress and implementing changes where necessary.
- Monitoring expenditures in accordance with the budget.
- Ensuring compliance with objectives, organizational policies, procedures, and standards.
- Compiling project reports and informing management regarding problems.
- Develop Project Management tracking tool for timely reporting.
- Coordination with business partners for proper relationship
- Work with the Product Development team to understand new products that would turn into projects.
- Work with Technical team and consolidate reports on Infrastructure projects.
- Ensure completed projects are certified by the customers and submit accurate information/supporting documents to Billing team for invoicing.
- Achieved assigned targeted revenues for Projects.
- Work on projects cost control to ensure higher margins and profit is achieved at the end of the project.
- Participate in project preparation meetings, project bids preparation and submission.
- Work on overall project documentation for future or audit reference (From project initiation to Project Closure).
- Workout on the entire project lifecycle from initiation to closing stage.
IT’S IMPORTANT THAT YOU HAVE:
- Highly detail oriented and organization skills.
- Ability to act and operate independently with minimal daily direction from the supervisor.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and handle numerous assignments simultaneously.
- Coordination, Planning, Interpersonal, Leadership & Organizational Skills
- Effective Communication and Decision-Making Skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Project or Oracle Primavera Project Management tools
- Bachelor’s in Telecommunication, Business administration, Business Information Technology or related field
- Master’s degree in Project Management or possessing project management certifications i.e., PMP, PRINCE2, CSM, etc. would be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in project management in a reputable corporate organization
- Thorough understanding of project management fundamentals.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills to handle any issues that occur during project completion.
- Excellent resource planning and task scheduling skills
If you are interested in this role and meet the above requirements, please submit the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org with mention of “Project Manager” in the subject line:
- A detailed CV with 3 contacts of professional referees.
- A cover letter with a motivation statement in relation to this role.
- Copies of your academic degree and other relevant diplomas or certificates
Qualified candidates will be contacted with information regarding the next steps. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis, so we encourage you to apply ASAP. The deadline for submission of applications is on 15th March 2023
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.