NOC ENGINEER (1)
Broadband Systems Corporation, PLC (BSC) is a licensed Internet Service Provider (ISP) that is incorporated under the laws and regulations of the Republic of Rwanda.
The company is engaged in the business of providing advanced Information Communication Technology (“ICT”) services based on broadband connectivity.
In order to effectively accomplish its business objectives, BSC PLC is looking for qualified and competent candidate to fill a position of “NOC Engineer”.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Position: NOC Engineer
Department: Technical Department
Directly Reports to: Manager | NOC
Indirectly reports to: Chief Technical Officer
- Provide 24-hours Network Health surveillance and alarm reporting utilizing network monitoring, surveillance software and other available tools in place
- Ensure maximum service availability & reliability, network stability, performance, and network utilization.
- Diagnose VSAT, wireless broadband systems, servers or any other network alerts, events, or issues within the BSC network infrastructure,
- Provide help desk by attending all calls (100%) from customers and partners & first level support in attending issues.
- Handle multiple concurrent tasks and projects with minimal supervision,
- Identify and timely respond to faults on BSC’s systems and networks, liaise with 3rd party suppliers, partners and customers as well as handling escalation through, till resolution
- Maintenance of technical documentation (for NOC) of processes and procedures, as well as any other relevant information used throughout normal operations, and
- Prepare the daily summary of the work before handing over.
- Participate in process improvement initiatives, where applicable.
- Participates in, and encourage a knowledge-sharing environment both within, and outside the department
- Continually seek opportunities to increase BSC’s client’s satisfaction and deepen client relationship
- Any other tasks assigned by the Line manager.
IT’S IMPORTANT THAT YOU HAVE:
- Analytical skills
- Communication skills
- University degree in computer science or related field
- A relevant post-graduate professional qualification or master’s degree is regarded as an added advantage
- A minimum of 1 year of experience in similar work and position
- Certifications in CCNA/JNCIA/Sophos/Fortinet CCNP Enterprise or Service Provider or equivalent
- A person of proven integrity, highly motivated, innovative and a team player
If you are interested in this role and meet the above requirements, please submit the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org with mention of “NOC Engineer” in the subject line:
- A detailed CV with 3 contacts of professional referees.
- A cover letter with a motivation statement in relation to this role.
- Copies of your academic degree and other relevant diplomas or certificates
Qualified candidates will be contacted with information regarding the next steps. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis, so we encourage you to apply ASAP. The deadline for submission of applications is on 13th February 2023
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
Done at Kigali, on 30/01/2023
Mr. Christian Muhirwa
Chief Executive Officer