Broadband Systems Corporation, PLC (BSC) is a licensed Internet Service Provider (ISP) that is incorporated under the laws and regulations of the Republic of Rwanda.
The company is engaged in the business of providing advanced Information Communication Technology services based on broadband connectivity.
In order to effectively accomplish its business objectives, BSC PLC is looking for a qualified and competent candidate to fill the position of “People and Culture Specialist”.
The purpose of this job is to support the development and delivery of people focused systems and processes while partnering with leadership to implement solutions in line with our people priorities through cultural transformation and systems building.
- You'll be an integral part of building & championing our culture - reinforcing values, planning activities, and partnering with the leaders to help keep a welcoming, encouraging, fun environment for all employees.
- Develop and implement an engagement roadmap incorporating creative initiatives to promote values of team cohesion, enhance cross functional team working, open 2-way communication and feedback.
- Manage and deliver the onboarding program to ensure new employees have a positive experience of BSC and are successfully integrated into their new role and the organization.
- Provide support in building talent within BSC, working with managers to understand their needs and organizing solutions to recruit, retain and develop a high caliber workforce to deliver the business strategy.
- Manage, accurately update and track data analytics in relation to People and Culture for quality reports to help make informed decisions.
- Support HR operational activities or projects that are aligned to business needs, following standard processes and ensuring alignment with wider BSC
- Respond to queries from managers and staff, understanding their issues and ensuring policies, procedures, processes, systems and tools are available and correctly applied to support them.
- Support with establishment of people performance best practice and practical experiences.
- Provide support to all staff by encouraging use of organizational tools to cultivate a culture of utilization of systems and automation.
- Support organizational design activities that enable leadership to define and organize structures and jobs and allocate people to the right places in order to improve efficiency.
- Collate data and contribute to preparation of accurate and timely reporting, supporting a BSC wide view of HR activities that enables informed decision-making and consistent information for stakeholders.
- Conduct learning needs analysis to identify the needs and build the training strategy
- Be a key contributor to several projects and initiatives requiring collaboration within the shared services team with other departments (events, celebrations, tools implementation…etc.)
- Support with any other related activities as may be required by your supervisor
IT’S IMPORTANT THAT YOU HAVE:
- Knowledge and experience administering cloud-based HR Systems
- The understanding of business problems and a passion for applying technology solutions
- Ability to leverage technology and HR trends and to deliver results using innovative solutions.
- Strong people interaction, written & verbal communication, and problem-solving
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources or in a related field
- Minimum of four (4) years in human resources and administration experience
- Service-oriented and capable of communicating with employees at all levels
- High level of integrity, ethics and professionalism; must be able to handle all confidential information with discretion and sensitivity
- Ability to prioritize and complete a wide variety of tasks efficiently within a high-paced environment while meeting strict deadlines
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to think conceptually, analyze data, identify and effectively communicate trends
- High degree of proficiency with Microsoft 365, Mail Chimp & Canva
- Good communication skills for both verbal and written in English
If you are interested in this role and meet the above requirements, please submit the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org with mention of “People & Culture Specialist” in the subject line:
- A detailed CV with 3 contacts of professional referees.
- A cover letter with a motivation statement in relation to this role.
- Copies of your academic degree and other relevant diplomas or certificates
Qualified candidates will be contacted with information regarding the next steps. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis, so we encourage you to apply ASAP. The deadline for submission of applications is on 31st January 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.