NETWORK INSTALLATION AND SERVICE DELIVERY ENGINEER (2)
Broadband Systems Corporation, PLC (BSC) is a licensed Internet Service Provider (ISP) that is incorporated under the laws and regulations of the Republic of Rwanda.
The company is engaged in the business of providing advanced Information Communication Technology (“ICT”) services based on broadband connectivity.
In order to effectively accomplish its business objectives, BSC PLC is looking for qualified and competent candidate to fill a position of “Network Installation and Service Delivery Engineer”.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Position: Network Installation and Service delivery Engineer (2)
Department: Technical Department
Directly Reports to: Network Installation & Service delivery Manager
Indirectly reports to: SM. Backbone & Network service delivery
Establishing the networking environment by designing system configuration, directing system installation, defining, documenting, and enforcing system standards.
- Designing and implementation of new solutions and improving resilience of the current environment.
- Maximizing network performance by monitoring customer performance, troubleshooting access network problems and outages, advising the customers on the necessary advancements towards maximum network optimization.
- Undertaking network fault investigations in the access servicing infrastructure till demarcation point with customer’s network, using information from multiple sources.
- Reporting customer network operational status by gathering and prioritizing information and managing existing and new projects.
- Remote support of on-site engineers and end users/customers during installation.
- Remote troubleshooting and fault finding if issues occur upon initial installation.
- Liaising with other teams in different departments on a regular basis.
- Continually seek opportunities to increase BSC’s client’s satisfaction and deepen client relationship
- Participate in process improvement initiatives, where applicable.
- Participates in, and encourage a knowledge-sharing environment both within, and outside the department
- Any other tasks assigned by the Line manager.
IT’S IMPORTANT THAT YOU HAVE:
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients to identify, analyze, and implement their needs.
- Network experience including switching, routing, and cloud computing.
- Strong teamwork and communication skills to work and collaborate with team members in different regions.
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science, IT, Electronic and Telecommunication or any other related field
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in ISP Network configuration and management.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in ICT related field.
- Sound understanding of Networking (Dynamic and static Routing, BGP and MPLS)
- A person of proven integrity, highly motivated, innovative and a team player.
If you are interested in this role and meet the above requirements, please submit the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org with mention of “Network Installation and Service delivery Engineer” in the subject line:
- A detailed CV with 3 contacts of professional referees.
- A cover letter with a motivation statement in relation to this role.
- Copies of your academic degree and other relevant diplomas or certificates
Qualified candidates will be contacted with information regarding the next steps. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis, so we encourage you to apply ASAP. The deadline for submission of applications is on 13th February 2023
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
Done at Kigali, on 30/01/2023
Mr. Christian Muhirwa
Chief Executive Officer