DIGITAL INNOVATION AND SYSTEMS INTEGRATION ENGINEER (1)
Broadband Systems Corporation, PLC (BSC) is a licensed Internet Service Provider (ISP) that is incorporated under the laws and regulations of the Republic of Rwanda.
The company is engaged in the business of providing advanced Information Communication Technology (“ICT”) services based on broadband connectivity.
In order to effectively accomplish its business objectives, BSC PLC is looking for qualified and competent candidate to fill a position of “Digital Innovation and Systems Integration Engineer”.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Position: Digital Innovation and Systems Integration Engineer
Department: Technical Department
Directly Reports to: Senior Manager | Network Operations
Indirectly reports to: Chief Technical Officer
- Carry out routine maintenance according to agreed schedules
- Attend to trouble tickets assigned on time
- To ensure the billing is carried out to a tight monthly timescale to minimize cash flow and provide prompt accurate billing to customers.
- To ensure that only valid call records and other services are invoiced to customers at authorized pricing.
- Timely and accurate production and distribution of bills to customers both electronics and paper based.
- Participate in the billing introduction of new products and services to ensure that they are operationally supported when they go live, included billing setup, interfaces, tariff setup and reporting.
- Billing system development, support & setup; design scripts according to new product development & agreed pricing.
- Maintaining customer billing addresses, contracts, and all correspondences
- Lead the process improvement projects for the billing system, and applications
- Manage of key area of billing information, interfaces with technical, and customer care, sales, and credit collection areas.
- Facilitate integration of different systems BSC uses and third-party software
- Spearhead the use of digital solutions for robotic process automation
- Digitize processes and procedures using different systems (Microsoft365, third party software, etc.)
- Design, develop and operation of management information systems ( ERP, Business Platform, Supply Chain, etc.)
- Promote digital transformation through automation of tasks and process improvement
- Work with product team to define produce roadmap development
- Design and develop front-end backend APIs/Web solutions for business system integration to meet BSC objectives and business requirements
- Work with Data Scientist for the development and maintenance of data extraction, transformation with tools such as PowerBI, etc.
- Design and develop portal for systems used for business process integration and implementation (developing application interface via APIs)
- Working with industry and business specialist to develop comprehensive technology strategies for IT strategy, Infrastructure strategy, etc.
- Working with Industry and business specialists to develop and implement client visions, roadmaps to address needs for business growth
- Work with Product development for the identification and exploiting of new value streams by leading edge technologies.
IT’S IMPORTANT THAT YOU HAVE:
- Analytical skills
- Communication skills
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Computer Sciences, IT or in related field
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in a billing department
- Experience with billing databases and software,
- Experience with Programming languages such as Python, Java, etc.
- Experience with API integration and Software development, Web Services and Application programming interfaces (APIs), knowledge of open standards such as XML
- Database skills and knowledge of MySQL and Hadoop
- Experience in technology trends : Robotic Automation, Big Data, Machine Learning, Internet of Things (IoT)
- Understanding of industry operations, dynamics and trends in FinTech, Telecoms, Media, Technology, Retail, Consumer Products
- Advanced knowledge of database
- Able to diagnose Linux and windows system and services problem quickly and correctly
- Having troubleshooting skills; Interpersonal skills, Analytical skills, Communication skills, technical skills, and strategic thinking skills
- A person of proven integrity, highly motivated, innovative and a team player
- Ability to present ideas clearly and persuasively
- Excellent time and management skills
If you are interested in this role and meet the above requirements, please submit the following documents to email@example.com with mention of “Digital Innovation and Systems Integration Engineer” in the subject line:
- A detailed CV with 3 contacts of professional referees.
- A cover letter with a motivation statement in relation to this role.
- Copies of your academic degree and other relevant diplomas or certificates
Qualified candidates will be contacted with information regarding the next steps. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis, so we encourage you to apply ASAP. The deadline for submission of applications is on 13th February 2023
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
Done at Kigali, on 30/01/2023
Mr. Christian Muhirwa
Chief Executive Officer