Broadband Systems Corporation, PLC (BSC) is a licensed Internet Service Provider (ISP) that is incorporated under the laws and regulations of the Republic of Rwanda.
The company is engaged in the business of providing advanced Information Communication Technology (“ICT”) services based on broadband connectivity.
In order to effectively accomplish its business objectives, BSC PLC is looking for two (2) qualified and competent candidates to fill the position of “Design Engineer”
ABOUT THE ROLE
Position: Design Engineer
Directly Reports to: Project Manager
Period: 18 months
- Execute project schedule and plan daily progress achievement for fiber and LAN site network diagram and design.
- Design and plan for fiber network, small and medium LAN.
- Produce BoQs and BoM from design and vice versa.
- Ensure the project meets required standards, contractor’s health, safety and environmental policies and procedures.
- Ensure network diagrams and other maps for project meet timely project standards.
- Ensure that the network design reflects field reality.
- Provide support to field team regarding network diagram.
- Ensure health or safety of workers, traffic, pedestrians, or public.
- Ensure network diagrams and other designs are available as per implementation plan.
- Provide daily implementation report and workload progress.
- Ensure records of all project activities are accurate and documented in accordance to project requirements.
- Process the network diagrams approval and perform site acceptance according to checklist and contract with client.
- As-built documents output and handover for OSP and LAN.
IT’S IMPORTANT THAT YOU HAVE:
- The understanding of fiber and LAN planning and installation.
- Design experience in fiber and LAN.
- Problems and a passion for applying various technology solutions.
- Ability to leverage technology trends and to deliver results using innovative solutions.
- Written & verbal communication, project skills, time management skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and working under minimum supervision.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- University degree in telecommunication, Civil engineering, Electrical, IT or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in Fiber and LAN project planning and design.
- Experience working with CAD, GIS, MapInfo, Google Earth.
- Ability to be a team player and have integrity.
- Possesses good reporting skills.
- Good communication skills for both verbal and written in English.
If you are interested in this role and meet the above requirements, please submit the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org with mention of “Design Engineer position” in the subject line:
- A detailed CV with 3 contacts of professional referees.
- A cover letter with a motivation statement in relation to this role.
- Copies of your academic degree and other relevant diplomas or certificates
Qualified candidates will be contacted with information regarding the next steps. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis, so we encourage you to apply ASAP. The deadline for submission of applications is on 16th December 2022
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.